Two weeks after you have hosted a question and all your group members from Oshawa and Ottawa have answered, the host must post a synthesis on his or her blog.
You must write a summary post on your own blog...
-read all the comments made by your group members, notice any interesting trends, over-arching themes and on-going questions
-create a graphic organizer on paper to summarize their thoughts (this is your rough draft)
-write a paragraph:
- intro: what your book is, what your question was, what the group members answered overall (big idea), three pieces of support written in a concise way
- support #1: the most powerful piece of support to prove what your group members though/you decided the consensus was
- support #2: another piece of support to prove your big idea
- support #3: another very powerful piece of support
- conclusion: summarize what you want the reader to understand about the big idea, leave them with something to think about (a connection, a question...)
-post the paragraph on your blog in a new post
-link to all your group members in this post and thank them for their contributions